Best Brokerage Company in India
The industry of brokerage company india is amongst the top growing industry in the financial domain.150 plus stock brokers have their presence Pan India and offer different plans as well as products for placing them in the list of top 10 share brokers.
The BSE or the Bombay Stock Exchange was established in the year 1875 and it is the first share exchange of Asia and world’s 11th biggest stock exchange. When it started, BSE had 22 share brokers and now there are more than 2000 share brokers registered on the NSE and BSE. NSE was eastabloished in the year 1992 and it is the first demutualised stock exchange. NSE was established by some of the top financial institutions of India at behest of Govt of India for bringing transparency to capital market of the country.
There are a number of metrics and parameters on which the list of top 10 share brokers is prepared:
- Customer base or clint base
- Back office
- Trade platform or trading terminal
- Company credibility
- Exposure and leverage
- Products they have
- Market advisory
- Presence Pan India
- Customer support
Zerodha is at the top of the chart of discount stock brokers of the country with a client base of more than 6 lakh customers. Being the best brokerage company in india, they charge a flat fee of Rs. 20 per executed order and they are one of the few stock brokerage houses which have their own in-house software Zerodha Pi as well as chart based trading. With the UCC activation of about 847-16, it is one of the biggest stock broking houses in the country. It also won the “Best retail share broking award” by NSE in the year 2018.
It’s the first discount stock broker of the country. It is a pioneer in the concept of discount stock broking
Zero delivery fee in the Equity segment of 0.01% or Rs. 20( whichever is low) in commodity, F&O and currency segment
Zerodha Kite- Pi- it is one of the best brokerage company in india for active traders. Kite mobile and Kite web are available for iOS and Android. Pi-execution based trade platform where you may scan, code, back test trading strategies before applying in the share market
Zerodha- Varsity- offers an in depth knowledge of the share market trading. It also tells you how to trade in the options market, read the balance sheet, finding the best pair- trade stocks, money management method and trading methods, etc.
Zerodha Coin- it is one of country’s first direct investment product of mutual funds offered by the share broker. It helps the trader save upto 28 lac in 25 years
Kite- Connect- it is India’s first eco system which helps you develop your own trade platform and directly trade from there through KITE API
It has a branched network of 23 branches and approximately 6 support call-n-trade office that can be reached easily. It has more than 1000 employees always ready to assist you for your queries
Zerodha leads the chart with a client base of 6 lac with about 3% of the total market share
ICICI Direct is the banking equity stock broker being the banking stock broker that enjoys the brand value with the second highest account in the equity market. ICICI Direct tops the chart in terms of UCC activation. In the year 2000, ICICI Bank began its broking wing ICICI Direct. High brand’s value lets ICICI Direct for charging a high brokerage. ICICI Direct provides a couple of products to the clients- derivatives, equity, mutual funds, currency, fixed deposits, bonds, Elocker, loans, NPS in case you consider the products which they provide.
- A 3 in 1 account
- Rs. 30 to Rs. 100 per lot commission for options trading
- 3% to 0.5% delivery brokerage
- A wide range of investment products
- Presence in 100 plus locations across India
- Trade Racer- online stock trading platform
- Learning classes online where you may learn everything about the share market
HDFC Securities is another famous brokerage company india which enjoys the banking customer base and a high brand value. HDFC Securities began its stock broking business in 200 plus branches and have client base of 674449 active customers.
- 3 in 1 account
- A wide range of products including mutual funds, equity, loans, insurance etc
- It has 200 plus branches across India
- Pro Terminal- an advance trade terminal which takes an annual charges of Rs. 1999
- Rs. 999 charges for opening an account
- 3%- .05% Intraday stock brokerage
- 30%- 0.5% delivery brokerage
- An in depth research tools and report
- Online classroom- share market training
Sharekhan is considered to be a very old equity stock broker in the country. It is a pioneer in internet based onlie stock broking. It began its operations in the year 2000, a member of BSE, MCX- SX, NSE, MCX and NCDEX. Sharekhan is a top share broker in the country with a base of 548873 active clients.
- Sharekhan is a very old stock broker of the country
- 1%- 0.05% Intraday stock brokerage fee
- 10%- 0.30% delivery stock brokerage fee
- Trade Tier is considered to be one of the top trading terminal or tools in the Indian share market
- 700 plus branch offices and partner offices in the country
- The best stock broker for the beginner traders- an in depth relationship and research managerial assistance for the beginner
- Regular markets inside and advisory in the commodities market
- Rs. 500 account opening fee for MCX
- 0.01% Intraday stock brokerage
- Twice leverage for Intraday
Axis direct is the brand name for Axis securities, another stock brokerage company in india which enjoys the position of one of the top stock brokers in India. All thanks to the banking wing cashing the high net value clients and corporate salary account in to the stock broking business. Axis bank acquires Enam Securities and began its stock broking business in the year 2010.
- A 3 in 1 Account
- Zero stock brokerage in the Intraday sq up in options market and Rs. 10 for each lot
- 1%- 0.03% as Intraday stock brokerage
- Axis web trade terminal and swift trader
- Bunch of 20 products
- Investment ideas and research reports
- Knowledge series- learn and earn
- A very strong network of branches
Angel Broking is another traditional stock broker in the country. Founded in the year 1987, Angel Broking is one of the best brokerage company in india. Presently it has a base of about 415572 active clients.
- The rates for options trading vary from Rs. 30 to Rs. 50 for each lot
- The brokerage fee for future trading is .01% to 0.05% on the traded volume
- Three times exposure in NIFTY Future and other active Future
- 200 plus support offices across India
- AQR auto recommendation engine for the new investors
- Angel Broking offers web trading, mobile trading, etc.
Kotak Securities which is also a popular brokerage company india. It is also a very old share broker which offers a 3 in 1 Demat account that chases its brand value from the banking business.
- A competitive stock brokerage plan as compared to the other stock banking brokers
- Offers happy hours- you get 50% discount on stock brokerage between 1 PM- 2 PM
- Quits or double- you pay just one paisa in terms of loss and then double stock brokerage in terms of profit
- 50 times for Intraday limit in the chosen stocks
- Best research teams and a well proven track record
- Rs. 750 for opening an account and Rs. 500 AMC
- A banche network of 1200 branches
When it is about traditional stock brokers then Motilal Oswal tops the chart. Due to its research and a presence Pan India,it has become quite popular. It began its operations in the year 1987 and a base of 2,62,000 active customers.
- A network of 2000 plus sub brokers across India
- Best in-house research team
- Rs. 30 to Rs. 100 per lot rates for options trading
- 1% to 0.04% rates for futures trading
- Desktop application, web application, mobile application alongwith Smart watch assistance
- Margin funding facilities
India infoline is a well diversified firm which was founded by Mrs. Nirmal Jain. It is one of the best 10 share brokers in the country listed on NSE. It has recently launched its discount stock broking wing by the name of 5paisa.
- It charges Rs. 555 as account opening fee along with Rs. 300 as AMC
- It offers multiple options in terms of stock brokerage
- TT Edge and Trade terminal which is one of the top trading platforms
Karvy Stock Broker
Established in 1985, Karvy is the stock broking wing of the Karvy Group. Being a popular stock brokerage company in india Jarvy has a very strong presence across the South Indian market.
- It offers more than 10 financial products
- It offers flagship advisory and research reports
- 1%- 0.05% brokerage fee for Intraday
- 10%- 0.3% brokerage fee for delivery
- 100+ branches as well as partner offices across India