Whether you are a retail investor or a full-fledged broker, you can’t deny the role of technology in making stock trading simpler and faster, so there is always required best trading app in india to help people to understand the investments opportunity. There are several technological innovations available for traders and investors that add more value and ease in stock trading. One such element is a mobile-based stock trading app. A trading app is nothing but a mobile-based software system that is intended to help investors and trades in performing a number of activities right on their smartphones. To get a smoother and faster trading experience on the go, it is always recommended to choose the best trading app in India.
In fact, while selecting the best stock broker in India, investors and traders pay heed to the respective trading app before taking the final decision. They always search the best trading apps in India and look for the corresponding stock brokers. Though there are hundreds of trading apps available in the market, not every trading app is good. In order to enjoy a faster, smarter, and valuable stock trading experience, it is recommended to choose the best stock market app in India. Some of the names are Kite by Zerodha, Angel One app, Paytm Money, Groww app, and more.
Best Trading Apps in India in 2023
Here are some of the best trading apps that are known to deliver seamless stock trading experience to users.
|S.No.||Moble Trading App||Stock Broker||User Rating||Android Downloads||Best Known For|
|1||Kite||Zerodha||4.9||10 million+||Multiple chart types, Robust market alerts, 10 regional languages, an easy interface|
|2||Upstox PRO||Upstox||4.7||5M+||Advanced charts, Pricing alerts, Faster response time|
|3||Ange One Mobile App||Angel One||4.3||10M +||Regular market alerts, Real-time market info, Insurance availability|
|4||Groww||Groww||4.2||10M+||In-built mutual funds calculator, Multiple technical charts and indicator, Commission-free support for SIPs|
|5||Paytm Money||Paytm||4||10M+||Live market data, Stock SIPs, Time price alerts, and more|
|6||5Paisa||5Paisa||3.9||10M+||Mutual funds investment, Real-time quotes, Advanced charting tools, etc.|
|7||IIFL Markets||IIFL||3.7||5M+||Free analysis of top firms, Option to create up to 3 watchlists, several customer support channels|
|8||Edelweiss Mobile Trader||Nuvama||3.7||1M+||23+ data reports, technical charts, personalized watchlist, and more|
|9||MO Investor||Motilal Oswal||3.6||5M+||Target investing plan, Robe wealth, Comprehensive portfolio snapshot, etc.|
|10||ICICIdirect||ICICI Securities||3.5||100K+||Simple intraday trading, Live P&L monitoring, Integrated OI graphs|
What is a trading app?
A stock trading app is a mobile-based software system that is intended to help investors and traders in the buying and selling of stock right on their smartphones. Such a mobile trading app is usually downloaded on a smartphone and needs an active internet connection to work. Today, most trading apps in India have all the major features included that are available in a conventional stock trading application.
Properties of The Best Stock Market App
No. of app downloads – This is certainly the most important aspect of a mobile trading app that needs to be considered. The higher the no of downloads of an app, the more popular is the trading application. To check the no. of app downloads, one can visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on Android and iOS operating systems respectively. This is the first thing people look for while choosing from the best trading apps in India.
The next thing to check is the availability of features in the trading app. Aside from the typical buying and selling of stocks, the app should have advanced charting feature, real time market analysis, push notifications, stock search, and others. When it comes to trading in stock quickly, these features play a substantial role at that time.
The reviews left by existing app users is the best way to check the credibility and usefulness of a trading app. The best market trading app would garner higher no. of positive user reviews as compared to an average or low-level trading app. So, don’t forget to check the user reviews before deciding on the best app for stock market in India.
Real-time Market Analysis
News and market emotion may be crucial elements for successful trading. However, nothing beats examining the stock’s actual price. Every decision should always take price into account. After all, successful trading involves understanding when to purchase or sell a product.
It’s desirable that your app displays real-time pricing data given that certain stock values change during the day.
Major Benefits of Using a Mobile Trading App
- Quick order placement execution.
- Online method for creating an account.
- Live and real-time market feeds.
- Lower fees and costs compared to broker competitors.
- Price alerts and immediate updates.
- Having access to thorough study papers and historical charts.
- Simple and easy-to-understand brokerage slabs.
- Quick IPO application procedures and a variety of mutual fund (MF) choices.
- Provide advice from professionals or brokerage companies in the form of the most recent research papers.
Kite by Zerodha
Kite by Zerodha or Zerodha Kite ranks first in the list of best apps for mobile trading. The reason is its usefulness for both new and experienced traders and investors. The robust technological trading platform is best-in-class and delivers a faster and smoother trading experience to users.
Zerodha Kite mobile app has been developed by Zerodha, one of the most popular discount stock brokers in India. There are several features available in the mobile trading app like advanced charting featuring 100+ indicators, market watch, faster order placement, next-gen order types such as cover order, good till triggered (GTT) order, among other features. Zerodha is in our 1st top Best Trading Apps in india 2023.
Zerodha charges 0 for equity delivery trades and mutual funds. In the case of intraday and F&O, investors would pay flat Rs. 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per trade.
- Faster availability of market data, advanced charting with high-end user interface.
- Came up with “sticky order window”, in which the order window stays open, making it easy to place multiple orders with the same input.
- Available for both Android and iOS
- A wonderful choice for algo traders
- “Leverage indicator “helps people check the amount of leverage they get for a specific trade against equity stocks,
- Free equity delivery trading with zero brokerage charges
- Direct investment in mutual funds (MF) with zero commission
- Gives up to 20x leverage on intraday trading.
- 3-in-1 account (demat-trading-bank account) opening facility
- Direct application for Initial Public Offerings (IPOs)
The next in the list is Upstox PRO. Upstox is one of the best stockbrokers in India and backed by none other than Ratan Tata along with Tiger Global Management.
The brokerage charges for Equity Delivery (buying Stocks and selling after few days, weeks, months or years) is ₹20 or 2.5% whichever is lower per order.
The key features of Upstox PRO mobile trading app are:
- Allows trading in equities, derivatives, currency future and options and commodity future and options.
- Option to invest in gold, mutual funds, and IPOs
- Zero commission on investments in mutual funds
- Innovative features such as market watch, live stock prices, advanced charts
- Advanced charting tools with 100+ technical indicators
- Trade straight from charts with the “TFC” facility
- Gives up to 5X leverage on intraday trading
Angel One Mobile App
Angel One mobile app is supported by Angel One, previously known as Angel Broking, which is one of the biggest players of the Indian stock market. It is considered among the best trading & stock market apps in India. The most salient feature of Angel One mobile app is its unified membership dashboard which is loaded all the innovative features.
The brokerage charge of Angel One is nill for equity delivery trades and Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.25% (whichever is lower) for equity intraday trade.
• Extensive range of products from equities, commodity and currency trading along with derivatives and margin trading services and mutual funds
• Live streaming of rates for faster trading
• Premium stocks inbuilt portfolio which allows quick examination and analysis of all investments
• Quick and real-time notifications and market reports
• Watch and update live market data in MS excel
One fast-becoming popular mobile trading app is Groww. Started its journey as a mutual funds investment platform in 2016, Groww has come a long way offering a wide range of products to its clients. The mobile trading app allows investors to trade and invest in Stocks and Mutual funds.
Groww’s equity brokerage charges stand at Rs. 20 or 0.05% of trade orders as the brokerage for equity trades (Intraday).
- User-centric, intuitive interface
- Real-time price alerts
- Quick digital account opening
- Option to chat with customer support
- Single-click order placement
- In-app help and support for faster resolution
- High-end 128-bit SSL encryption for better security
- No need to login separately for mutual funds investment
With around 14 million users, Paytm Money is one of the most popular online trading apps. Equity, mutual funds, and other financial instruments, such as the National Pension System (NPS), are among the categories in which one may invest in this location. Users using Paytm Money cannot, however, trade in currencies or commodities.
Since its 2017 launch, Paytm Money has experienced rapid growth and is renowned for having the lowest brokerage charge. Services like account opening and account maintenance are free for the user. Paytm Money follows an easy flat rate pricing model. The maximum brokerage charged is Rs 15 per order across all trading segments like delivery, intraday and F&O trading.
- Option to invest in NPS, MFs, IPOs, and stocks.
- Provides direct mutual funds with a 1% better return.
- Internal brokerage calculators and investing guidance for mutual funds.
- Freebies including study papers and cost-free trade calls.
- Extra features include margin versus share and margin funding.
- Email and chat are the sole methods used to answer complaints.
One of India’s most popular trading applications, 5paisa, is accessible on both Apple and Android devices. Both traders and investors really like using this programme. It offers a wide range of goods, including stocks, mutual funds, commodities, and money. Even the greatest trading applications do not provide free access to news, research, advice, and blogs like 5paisa does.
5Paisa charges for brokerage are quite simple. The stockbroker charges Rs. 20 per executed order across all segments and products irrespective of the transaction size and value.
- An easy-to-use interface
- Simple access to order books and watch lists
- Research guidance
- Instant access to stock quotations, market statistics, and price updates
- Advanced charting and multi-asset watch list tool choices
- Introduced basket orders, allowing customers to place several items with only one click
- Permits ownership of U.S stocks
- Option to define unlimited number of price alerts and watch lists
IIFL Markets App
IIFL Markets is a top-rated trading app from the comprehensive brokerage company, IndiaInfoline. The IIFL Markets app is well-known for its stock recommendations and research reports, both of which are provided to customers free of charge, in addition to offering products across all the categories of stocks, currencies, commodities, and mutual funds.
IFL Securities iServe brokerage plan offers zero-cost Equity delivery trade and charges Flat Rs 20 per trade for Intra-day and F&O trade in Equity, Currency, and Commodity at BSE, NSE, and MCX.
- Makes several watchlists in the NSE, BSE, MCX-SX, and NCDEX.
- A sophisticated dashboard with extensive detail for indexes, commodities, and currencies.
- Receive in-depth, live coverage of businesses and markets.
- Highly technical charting features include moving averages, MACD, RSI, and bollinger bands.
- Paperless IPO application.
Edelweiss (Nuvama) Mobile App
For active traders, the Edelweiss mobile trading app is the best one since it offers a variety of advanced chart choices, market research tools, and in-depth reports. Additional features of this app include real-time market commentary, a dedicated relationship manager, access to numerous research tools, a free service for portfolio organization, WhatsApp notifications, and more.
It provides its consumers with two brokerage plans, dubbed “lite” and “elite,” the former being slightly more affordable and the latter being more feature-rich.
Edelweiss charges a brokerage of Rs. 10 per executed order across all segments under its Nuvama Lite plan.
- A user-friendly interface for real-time market comments
- Sector-specific performance data
- Sections specifically devoted to the equities, derivatives, and commodities markets
- The ability to make and manage a watchlist of up to 100 stocks
- Plans such as “lite” and “elite” based on the user’s needs; advanced charting capabilities include historical charting, live market news, and numerous stock screeners
MO investor app is designed by one of the leading stock brokerage firms of India – Motilal Oswal Securities. This app is known in the market for advanced tools, instant price alerts and its user interface.
The MO investor app offers a huge array of services which allows investors to invest in equity, derivative, commodity, currency, mutual funds, IPOs, bonds, U.S. equities and other portfolio management services. For learning purposes, one can apply for their beginner, advance and intermediate courses along with a huge range of blogs and attractive infographics.
Motilal Oswal brokerage charges are 0.20% for Equity Delivery, 0.02% for Equity Intraday & Futures and Rs 20 per lot for Equity and Currency Options. There is a brokerage of 0.02% for Commodity Futures and Rs 20 per lot for Options.
- AI-powered tools help to rebalance the entire portfolio and thus maximize returns
- Value-added services such as SIP via WhatsApp, automated advisory, live bot genie and call and trade service
- Funding services such as loan against securities, margin funding, stock lending features
- Information on position, margin and in-depth analysis via comprehensive research reports
- Wide range of MF schemes across 40 asset management companies
- Access to extensive educational materials via online lessons, videos and blogs
ICICI Direct is one of the first full-brokerage service providers in India by ICICI Group. It provides easy-to-use internet trading and investing services for both experienced traders and investors. It provides free advisory services, research, and trading in equities futures as befits a full-service brokerage app. For services like creating an account and trading futures, ICICI Direct doesn’t charge anything.
There are 4 brokerage plans offered by ICICIdirect. Under the NEO plan, the brokerage is 0.55% for equity delivery, Rs. 20 per order for equity intraday & options, currency futures & options, and commodity futures & options. There is zero brokerage for equity futures.
Analytical features including real-time profit and loss statements, option chain diagrams, and live charting.
- Extensive study on derivatives and equity.
- Smart stock alerts provide protection against penny stocks and high-risk stocks.
- Quick order placing, swipe to purchase and sell, and a user interface that is easier to use.
- Make your own customized watchlist of stocks, indices, and futures and options contracts.
- A wide range of products, including mutual funds, IPOs, FDs, bonds, insurance, and exchange traded funds (ETFs), as well as stocks, commodities, and currencies.
- Heat map elements that denote high and low values for a particular stock, respectively.
- A number of plans with various features and fees, such as the lifelong prepaid brokerage plan, the prime plan, and the neo plan.
If you are looking for a user-friendly, intuitive, and smoother stock market app for stock investment, you can consider these options and take the decision accordingly. Ideally, the best app for stock market in India is one that has simple interface, advanced charting feature, real-time market information, high-end customer support, reasonable brokerage, and others.
Which mobile trading app is best for beginners?
Which stock trading app in India is the safest?
Which mobile trading app is the fastest?
Is it safe to trade in stocks through a mobile trading app?
Can I trade on two mobile trading apps at one time?
Can I invest in mutual funds through a mobile trading app?
Which is the best trading app for forex trading?
Which is the best stock market app in India with unmatched advisory services?
What elements make a trading app highly efficient?
Which is the best stock market app for stock traders?