Upstox Review : Upstox is a low-cost stock broker situated in Mumbai. For traders in the Indian stock market, Upstox provides a fast, reliable, and simple-to-use trading platform.
This write-up will go through Upstox Review, its trading platforms, brokerage fees, brokerage plans, customer service, exposure, benefits, etc.
Since 2011, Upstox has been a private discount broker based in Mumbai, India. Raghu Kumar, Ravi Kumar, and Shrinivas Viswanath launched the company. Upstox gets referred to as Best Stock Broker in India. The low-cost trading assistance gets delivered by the tech-first discount broker. It offers trading in commodities, equities, futures, currency, and options, among other categories.
On the Upstox trading platforms, users will find all trading features. GVK Davis, Kalaari Capital, and Ratan Tata are among the investors of Upstox, a discount broker. Charting, analysis, and other trading features are available on the Upstox trading platforms. The broker usually creates it simple for users to place demands through its trading platforms. Navigate below to read detailed Upstox Review and get to know the account opening charges, plans, offers, trading, advantages and disadvantages etc.
Upstox Review & How to open Demat Account?
Method of opening an online Demat account with Upstox:-
- Go to Upstox’s online Demat account registration page.
- Click Sign Up after entering your basic information.
- Have scanned copies (i.e. soft copies) of your documents on hand. Scanned copies of documents might get needed if you get asked to upload them (Aadhaar, PAN, Canceled Cheque, and your most recent bank statement).
- Enter your Aadhaar data and the OTP you received on your associated telephone number to validate your identity.
That ought to do it. You should currently have a Demat account.
Method of opening an offline Demat account with Upstox-
- Your broker will provide you with a Upstox account opening form when you visit the broker’s office or meet one of its employees.
- You must complete this form and submit it together with proof of identity and proof of address. Photocopies of acceptable documents can get used to provide these proofs.
- After that, you’ll have to sign a contract with your broker. Your duties as a trader/investor, and your brokerage firms, will be outlined in this paper. You can make a copy of this document and keep it with you.
- After your broker has confirmed and processed your documentation, you will have access to an account number, the same as how a bank account number gets handover to you. If you’re dealing with Upstox, this number is known as the Beneficial Owner Identification Number (or BOID) or Unique Client Code (UCC).
Additional personal information, such as a Login ID and key for accessing online portals and placing trades, will be sent to you. Keep in mind that these transactions will almost certainly incur fees. You might have to spend a cost to use sites.
Upstox Demat Account Opening Costs
The organization is a top discount broker in India that provides its clients with various trading services and amenities. Upstox Demat charges ₹249 to register a Demat account and uses CDSL as storage.
Upstox Demat account charges Rs. Two hundred forty-nine per year for its maintenance. Furthermore, the company’s most significant feature is that it does not require margin money from its clients.
Open Free Demat Account
Upstox Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery Trading||Zero|
|Equity Intraday Trading||₹20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
|Commodity Options Trading||Flat ₹20 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures Trading||₹20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
|Equity Futures Trading||₹20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
|Equity Options Trading||Flat ₹20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures Trading||₹20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
|Currency Options Trading||Flat ₹20 per executed order|
|Demat AMC Charges||₹249|
|Trading AMC Charges||₹354|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
Upstox Intraday Trading Plans
Upstox trading charges are pocket-friendly and are a well-known discount broker. Because the goal of this configuration is to deliver “excellent value,” the brokerage and cost components are cheap and easy on the wallet.
As previously indicated, RKSV pioneered the concept of blanket plans, in which one can trade without limits on the number of transactions for a flat fee. Upstox intraday margin imposes a lesser cost of Re. 0.01 or ₹20 per order dealt.
Upstox Brokerage Plans
Upstox review will be incomplete if we don’t compare the brokerage plans.
When a user registers, the broker provides two types of upstox plans to meet their needs.
- Upstox Basic:- This provides only the most basic trading elements of Equity Delivery, which can get accessed via mobile and web.
Charges:- Equity Delivery Based Trades: ₹0 (no trade limit)
- Upstox Priority Plan:- This account comes with a cost of ₹20 and includes a variety of trading possibilities. Stock analysis, search, trade, and monitoring of stocks, commodities, currencies, futures, and options are all available through the account. It also comes with entire charting for professional traders’ technical analysis, a vast selection of chart types and indicators, and a data-rich user interface.
- Equity Delivery Based Trades: ₹0 (Free Unlimited Equity Delivery Trades)
- Equity Intraday Trades: 0.01% or ₹20 per executed order (Whichever is lower)
- Equity Future: 0.01% or ₹20 per completed order (Whichever is lower)
- Equity Options: ₹20 per completed order (on Turnover)
- Currency Futures: 0.01% or ₹20 per executed order (Whichever is lower)
- Currency Options: ₹20 per completed order
- Commodity Futures: 0.01% or ₹20 per completed order (Whichever is lower)
Why You Should Open A Trading Account With Upstox?
Because a Demat account merely handles and preserves shares, every trader must have a trading account when trading. It makes it easy to purchase and sell various stocks. Upstox is a bargain broker that helps consumers open a trading account for complimentary AMC fees.
Benefits you might come across if you open your trading account with Upstox-
- Users can open a trading account for free.
- There are no AMC prices for trading account maintenance.
- It also provides a variety of trading platforms for easy and convenient trading.
- Customers and investors can expect a prompt response from the broker to any trading concerns or questions they may have.
Upstox Products and Services
The discount broker provides various products and services to its customers. Let’s get into this more.
Due to its product offers, Upstox pricing has garnered a lot of traction in the stock market. The company supplies its customers with high-quality trading items. It results in a high level of happiness and ease. Due to heavy demand, its stock trading product is usually heavily advertised. Typically, company executives create products and services tailored to the wants and expectations of investors or clients.
Customers may readily increase their profit rate by using upstox’s trading products. Equity trading, currency trading, options trading, and futures trading are available through the organization.
The index of products offered by the company has got penned below-
- Equity trading
- Currency trading
These trading items are available at the lowest prices through the Upstox broking business. Upstox’s product offers can get benefit your trading success.
Furthermore, the discount broker offers excellent customer service and extensive trade data. Stock reports, research reports, and other similar documents are such examples. All of this might provide clients with a great deal of convenience.
Now here is a quick list of services offered by Upstox are as follows-
- Demat account opening assistance
- Trading account opening assistance
- Intraday assistance
- IPO assistance
- Robo Advisory
Typically, the organization tailors services to the client’s convenience, flexibility, and contentment. Investors can make independent investing selections using Upstox services. The company allows you to open a Demat account and a trading account. Customers and clients can quickly apply for account openings online and in person. It offers offline and online services, allowing people to pick and choose what is most convenient for them.
With the support of Upstox specialists and services, customers can enjoy a fantastic trading experience. Its trading systems are also highly customized, ensuring that the client has no problems while trading.
Upstox Exposure/ Leverage
|Index Option Sell||1x||4x|
|Stock Option Sell||1x||4x|
On the NSE/BSE Cash segment, the broking house offers the most significant leverage of up to 15x, as seen in the table chart above. This offer is specifically valid for the Priority Plan. On equity intraday and equity options, the corporation offers good leverage.
Upstox Trading Platforms
Users can access the broker firm’s services through any three Upstox trading platforms. They have outlets for the web, mobile, and desktop.
RKSV’s trading platform is Upstox, which got created by the company’s in-house team. It has a lot of content of analysis, charting, trading, and other aspects. The platform got built by a squad of Upstox professional engineers at the company’s headquarters at the Sunshine Tower. All 3 platforms are described below in this upstox review:
The Upstox Pro’s Website:-
The Upstox website got upgraded to a more complex and cutting-edge tool that allows it to calculate and execute trades more quickly in reaction to live market activity because of the rising popularity of online trading. The browser is so light that it may get used on any device, including a laptop, desktop, or other media, without downloading any software.
Upstox’s Mobile Platform Application:-
The program will smoothly set up a trading account and begin placing trades after being downloaded to the user’s phone. A log in-less function is also available in the app. The app will allow users to search for stocks, NSE cash, futures, currencies, and options and provide cutting-edge charting tools and other features.
Upstox’s Desktop Platform:-
Upstox uses the Omnisys Nest function to offer the NEST tool, which is downloaded to the desktop and becomes the broker’s official trading interface. Advanced trading charts, user portfolios, fund transfers, margin reports, multi-monitor capabilities, and customized shortcuts and interfaces are all available.
Upstox Customer Care
Upstox is the most well-known discount broker in the United States. It provides excellent customer service to all of its current customers.
The business provides online trading services with professional assistance. It also offers email help, allowing clients to communicate directly with company leaders about any issue via email.
Upstox Review on Advantages and Disadvantages
The following are some of Upstox’s benefits. Before registering an account with Upstox, you should study the benefits and drawbacks. The advantages and disadvantages of Upstox might help you decide if it is right for you.
- In the Equity Delivery category, Upstox provides brokerage-free trading (The customer does not have to pay brokerage for delivery trades in the equity segment).
- A mobile trading app for Android and iOS devices is available. There are no charges in any software.
- Web and mobile versions of After Market Order (AMO), Cover Order and Bracket Order (BO), and One Cancel Other (OCO) orders are available.
- Web and mobile versions of Trailing-Stop/Stop-Loss (SL) are available.
- Multiple indicators are available on the Upstox Pro Web Trading Platform for monitoring markets on the fly.
- Upstox Bridge for AmiBroker allows you to use the AmiBroker AFL editor to code and execute your trading strategy.
- The Upstox Developer Console allows you to create (code) your trading software using Python and other programming languages.
- The Upstox Option Chain Tool determines spot and future prices, vertical rate comparisons, circuit levels, Open High lower Close, and market depth. Customers can use it to verify greeks, evaluate volatility, open interest, and performance indicators.
- You can choose from thousands of mutual funds on the Upstox Mutual Funds Platform. Investing patterns such as Lumpsum or SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) are available to investors.
- A premium Priority Brokerage Plan is available for users who require leverage for intraday traders.
- Good Till Cancelled (GTC) and Good Till Date/Time (GTD) Orders get restricted in the Equity Segment. In commodities trading, GTC/GTD orders are available.
- On delivery trades, Margin Funding is unaccessible. In the Upstox Priority Pack account, you can get more leverage.
- Upstox does not offer unlimited monthly trading plans.
- A call and trade cost of ₹20 gets added to each executed order (brokerage fee of ₹20 + call and trade fee of ₹20).
- An additional ₹20 per executed order gets payable for intraday square MIS/BO/CO orders.
- Only the Equity Delivery section offers no-brokerage trading (in Upstox Basic plan). Brokerage gets charged ₹20 or less per trade for all other categories, including Equity F&O, Commodity F&O, and Currency Derivative.
Upstox is a bargain broker with a wide range of services offered in our country. It provides all its investors and partners with high-quality bespoke trading services and goods. It allows consumers to take advantage of its trading services as much as possible to improve their trading results.
Upstox may be the most important alternative for you if seeking a discount brokerage firm that provides high-quality service at a low cost. You may easily acquire simple services at Upstox for a low brokerage fee.
Upstox Review FAQs
Q. What is upstox?
Ans- Upstox is one of the best cheap brokers in India, particularly for traders. On the one hand, Upstox offers the fastest trading platforms, essential for making immense gains in day trading. On the other hand, regardless of your trading volume, you will only be charged a flat fee of ₹20 for each trade. You can also check online Upstox Review for more information.
Q. How to open a upstox Demat online?
Ans- The procedure for opening a Demat account is straightforward.
To begin, go to this article’s “Open Demat Account” section and click “Open Demat Account.” Fill out the form with your information and complete the KYC process to acquire your Demat account right away.
Q. What is AMC for upstox?
Ans- The annual/monthly/quarterly maintenance charge (AMC/MMC/QMC) is the fee you pay to keep your Demat account in good working order.
It’s a recurring fee for you to pay every year, month, or quarter, based on your account opening plan and date. It applies regardless of whether or not you have a Trading account.
Q. Can I invest in an IPO via upstox?
Ans- Upstox is a platform where you may invest in the most recent IPO. This brokerage offers the ability to invest in initial public offerings (IPOs) and other trading and investment services. This stock broker also offers Robo advising, which must get completed online.
Q. Does upstox have a trading App?
Ans- The stock broker offers convenience with the Upstox Pro App, which allows you to trade from anywhere and at any time. The program provides sophisticated capabilities that permit users to keep complete control over their funds. It is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Q. How much does upstox delivery charge?
Ans- Upstox charges ₹20 or 0.1%of the order value for delivery.
Q. How much upstox charge for intraday?
Ans- Upstox costs ₹20 per executed order, or 0.05%, for equity intraday brokerage.
Q. How much does upstox charge for a commodity?
Ans- For Commodity Trades, Upstox costs 0.05% or ₹20 per executed order, whichever is lower.
Q. How much does upstox charge for currency trading?
Ans- For currency futures trading, Upstox charges ₹20 per executed order or 0.05%, whichever is lower, and for currency options trading, Upstox charges ₹20 per completed order or 0.05%, whichever is lower.
Q. Do upstox offer margin funding for share/commodity trading?
Ans- Yes, upstox provides margin funding for share/commodity trading. Upstox’s Margin Trading Facility allows you to trade with only 50% of your own money and borrow the other 50% from Upstox. To take advantage of this, activate the Margin Trading Facility (MTF) on Upstox and start trading!
Reviews and Brokerage Charges of Other Discount Stock Brokers
|Discount Stock Brokers|
|5paisa Review||Fyers Securities Review||TradeJini Review|
|m.Stock Review||SAS Online Review||TradeSmart Review|
|Groww Review||Tradeplus Online Review||Wisdom Capital Review|