Best Trading Platforms in India
In recent times, the popularity of Cheapest online stock trading has gone up like never before with more and
more number of people switching to this faster and easiest of trading in stocks. Thanks to today’s
advanced online trading platform that have brought unprecedented levels of ease and value to stock
trading by making it faster, simpler, and effective.
A good online stock trading platform not just enables easy buying and selling of shares but it also
features a number of tools that help a trader and investor in doing market analysis and take the right
investment decision. Some of these tools are charts, stock analysis tool, real-time market data,
multiple order types, and more.
Despite the presence of a number of features, sometimes, it becomes difficult for an investor to
decide on the best trading platform in India. In this post, we would highlight the top 10 stock trading
platforms in India and explain each of them one by one. This is going to help investors and traders
like you in choosing the best stock trading software in India that can give long-term and valuable
What is a Stock trading platform?
A stock trading platform is nothing but a computer software program that is designed to help
user perform a host of things like the buying and selling of stocks, doing market analysis, manage
portfolio and others. The users can keep a check on the stocks that you are interested in using
trading tools like. A majority of trading platforms in India are available in three versions in the
form of a desktop application, browser-based platform and mobile trading platform.
Top Stock Trading Platforms in India
So, here are the top 10 stock trading platforms in India that are known to offer best-in-class
online trading experience to traders and investors. We will delve deep into each of them by
knowing their features.
|S. No||Trading Platform||Stock Broker||Salient Features||User Rating|
|1||Kite By Zerodha||Zerodha||Easy user interface, Advanced
|2||Groww||Groww||No-cost account opening, Direct
|3||Paytm Money||Paytm||No cost equity trading, free
|4||ICICIdirect All-in-1||ICICI||LIVE Trading calls, Timely alerts
|5||Upstox PRO||Upstox||100+ technical indicators, Cover
|6||Kotak Securities||Kotak Mahindra||Real-time portfolio monitoring||4|
|7||Angel One||Angel Broking||Digital price quotations,
Customized market watchlist
|9||Edelweiss (Nuvama)||Nuvama||Watchlist of up to 100 stocks,
17+ technical indicators
|10||IIFL Markets||India Infoline||Easy access to intraday charts,
Live stock trading requests
1. Kite by Zerodha
One of the most popular and widely used online stock trading platforms in India at present is Kite
by Zerodha. The best trading platform in India is known to deliver a faster and smoother stock
trading experience at any moment, regardless of whether you are a novice or seasoned trader.
This trading platform is now the most well-liked stock trading platform because of its exceptional
level of user-friendliness.
Kite by Zerodha is built to fulfil the multi-dimensional demands of all different sorts of traders and
investors and is based on the most recent development process. The trading platform is easily
accessible on desktop computers, mobile phones, and web browsers.
Its salient features are:
• Works easily even on a slower internet connection
• An easy, appealing, and user-friendly interface
• Available in 10 local languages
• Best-in-class charting features like TradingView and ChartIQ
• Superior online fund transfer facility
• Quick integration with 3rd party apps
• Advanced order types such as Cover and Brackets
• Availability of up to 4 charts simultaneously in a single window
• 100+ indicators and 6 types of charts
• Floating order dashboard
• LIVE streaming of quotes
• Browser notifications
Groww began as a platform for investing in mutual funds but has now evolved into one of the
most popular sites for trading stocks. The best trading platform in India in 2023 is without a doubt
this one since it is a simple to use programme.
The best online stock trading platform in India, Groww (web and mobile trading app), offers its
investors a faultless trading experience. It is a secure software since it contains 128-bit
encryption. The mobile app for the platform has one of the highest ratings (4.5+) in the App Store
and Google Play Store.
- Easy pricing with a flat brokerage of Rs 20 for each trade.
- Zero-fee account opening
- Zero Demat AMC charges
- Instant opening of a digital account.
- Applying for an IPO online.
- Direct Mutual Funds platform that may increase your returns by 1.5%.
- Option invest in digital gold online.
- Availability of SME share trading
3. Paytm Money
Paytm Money (an online and mobile trading app) is launched by Paytm and offers investors a
frictionless trading environment. This programme is safe and secure, and data protection is on
par with that of banks.
With more than 6 million users, Paytm Money has a sizable user base.
Paytm Money offers a mobile app and a website for stock trading, research, and analysis. Thanks
to its stronghold on technology and assistance from a solid company that excels at providing e-
commerce solutions, Paytm Money has established a straightforward and efficient trading
platform for mobile and the web.
- Zero cost equity trading
- Commission-free direct mutual funds investment
- Maximum brokerage limit is capped at Rs. 15 per trade
- Zero-cost maintenance
- Paperless account opening procedure
- Option to convert external regular mutual fund into direct mutual fund
- Price notifications
- A range of investment choices
- LIVE market insights
- Invest in IPOs, digital gold, stocks, derivatives, NPS, mutual funds, etc.
- Value-driven stock market education
4. ICICI direct All-in-1
Being one of the best full-service stockbrokers in India, ICICI direct, offers another well-preferred
trading platform. ICICI direct, a member of the prestigious ICICI group, is renowned for its
technologically advanced goods. Any laptop, desktop, or smartphone may simply use this trading
ICICI direct provides a broad range of trading and investing options, including as equity,
derivatives, currency, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), bonds, insurance, and loans,
among others. The suppliers of stockbroking services provide trading services on both the NSE
The following are some notable characteristics of the best trading platform in India:
- Faster trading in Equity and F&O
- Live quote streaming of stocks
- Easy analysis of market changes
- Get LIVE trading calls
- Intuitive charting functionality
- Create multiple watchlists
- Option to invest in IPOs, Insurance, Mutual Funds, NCDs, FDs, etc.
- Regular alerts and notifications
- One platform for trading across all categories at BSE and NSE
- Global indices to allow detailed tracking of all leading stock markets of USA, Asia, and Europe
- LIVE scanner feature
- Shortcut key for smart trading
- Heat maps to enable quick determination of up and down stocks
5. Upstox Pro
Upstox is an Indian discount brokerage house which precisely focuses on technology and provides
trading opportunities at competitive prices. The company’s Upstox Pro Online and Upstox Pro
Mobile trading systems enable trading in a range of markets, including equities, commodities,
currencies, futures, and options.
The best trading platform in India by Upstox offers a wide range of sophisticated trading features,
including trading, analysis, and charting. Using mobile devices and the internet to place orders is
now an easy process thanks to technology. The Upstox trading platform's (Risk Management
System) base is comprised of the Omnisys NEST OMS (Order Management System) and Omnisys
NEST RMS (Risk Management System).
- Advanced charting tools with 100+ technical indicators
- Define watchlists and monitor selected scrips
- Cover Orders (CO) allow for faster order placement
- Option to pre-define your order preferences and rapidly place orders during periods of high volatility
- Availability of various research reports
- Monitor your portfolio
- Customized workspaces and utilize widgets to make trading more personalized
- Keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) for quicker trading
- Access to the Upstox mutual funds platform
- Well-timed Notifications & Alerts
6. Kotak Securities
A subsidiary of India’s premier banking organization, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Kotak securities is
the stock investment and broking arm of the conglomerate. With a heavy focus on technology,
Kotak offers a comprehensive trading platform that can be feasibly accessed through a fabulous
desktop application, a browser-based URL, and a smartphone trading application.
The best trading platform in India is full of features like:
- Mobile online trading, purchase, and sale of securities on the NSE and BSE.
- Real-time checking of your investment portfolio
- Obtain stock market information and live streaming quotes.
- Check intraday and EOD movements for any stocks on intraday charts in the form of
the candlestick, line, or OHLC charts.
- Pre-set modified watch lists
- Transfer money from your checking or savings account to a trading or mutual fund account.
- Verify the margin, available finances, and other restrictions.
- Receive alerts and notifications
7. Angel One
Founded in 1987, Angel One is one of the largest full-service retail brokers in India and provides
online discount brokerage services. The company offers a diverse and extensive array of trading and
investing services, including stock and commodities brokerage, investment advising, margin lending,
loans backed by shares, and distribution of financial products.
The best trading platform in india and investment education are attributes of Angel One. The first
significant full-service broker to offer its customers lower brokerage rates is Angel.
The Angel One trading platform is available in three different versions: the Angel One SpeedPro
desktop application, the Angel One Trade online portal, and the Angle One mobile app. Here are
some of their key characteristics:
- Portfolio management, alerts, and advisory services for ARQ
- Digital price quotations in real time
- Multiple watchlists
- Real-time charts with 40+ technical indicators
- Digital fund transfer across 40+ banks
- Mutual funds investment
- Steadfast updates and in-depth Market and stock reports
- Get the latest five corporate actions and basic ratios for equities.
- Advisory calls
- Check and monitor your equity, derivatives, and mutual fund portfolio.
- For Ledger, DP, and Funds reports, get the latest 10 transactions.
A leading online stockbroker 5paisa.com offers inexpensive brokerage services to Indian retail
investors. The 5paisa Capital Ltd., which is professionally administered and publicly traded, has the
support of IIFL's founders.
An Installable Trade Terminal, a Trading Portal, and a Mobile Trading App make up the 5paisa
trading platform. These platforms were built utilising the latest technologies and are renowned for
utilising mobile technology in financial services the best.
- Investing and trading in stocks, commodities, currencies, mutual funds, insurance, etc
- In-app access to stock research and advice
- Real-time stock and market quotations
- Orders can be put with a single click
- Place certain types of advance orders, such as Bracket Orders (BO) and Cover Orders (CO)
- Many watch lists
- Access to “Auto Investor,” a feature that offers advice and suggests mutual funds
based on your objectives and characteristics
- Introduction to the 5paisa forum
- A faster, digital personal loan option
- Check your investments and trades at all times
- UPI-based fund transfers
9. Nuvama (Edelweiss)
Full-service stockbroking company Nuvama Wealth & Investment Ltd, formerly Edelweiss Broking
Ltd, is based in Mumbai, India. 2008 saw its establishment.
Nuvama offers its clients investment advice that is backed by research and analysis for all asset
classes, trading strategies, and time horizons. Nuvama (a mobile app, a website, and desktop trading
software) provides the best choice of trading platforms for all media.
- Detailed market information
- Receive free live streaming data from the NSE, BSE, and MCX exchanges.
- Live news on the app before it airs on TV
- Stock screeners are available to filter stocks based on the metrics you provide.
- More than 17 technical indicators and drawing tools are included in advanced charting.
- Apart from UPI, a secure fund transfer service
- Easily create a watchlist with up to 100 stocks.
- Track your open positions' profit and loss from anywhere
- Invest in mutual funds from the same app, including tax-saving ELSS funds.
10. IIFL Markets
IIFL Securities, one of the largest full-service stockbrokers in India, was established in 1995. IIFL
Securities is a member of the IIFL Group, a well-known supplier of financial services that offers a
wide range of services. IIFL is a recognised company with a reputation for the quality of its legal
advice, individualised service, and use of cutting-edge technology.
With the use of the Trader Terminal (TT) trading technology, IIFL Securities' clients may conduct
online trading. Three trading apps are available on this platform, each designed for a different sort of
stock investor and device. These trading platforms are open to all users and cost nothing to use.
- Personalized market watch list
- Easy access to intraday charts and businesses list
- Investment across equity, derivatives, commodity, and currency
- High-end dashboard for commodities, currencies, and indices
- Live stock trading requests
- Get price alerts for the most preferred stocks
In order to get the required returns on investment and other benefits, experts suggest conducting
in-depth market research on the top trading platforms accessible in India. You may select the
greatest trading platform in India this manner, one that will assist you in all facets of stock trading.
FAQs on Best Trading Platform in India
What does a trading platform mean?
Can I use two stock trading platforms simultaneously?
What is the best trading software in India.
What is the best trading platform in India for stock advisory?
Which is the fastest trading platform in India?
Which is the best stock trading platform in India for beginners?
Which online trading platform in India has the cheapest brokerage?
Can I trade in stock using an online trading platform without worrying about safety?
Which is the most trusted online stock trading platform in India.
4 thoughts on “Best Trading Platforms in India”
Can anyone suggest me who is the best stock broker in India currently?
Hi Nitin, sure you can find the top 10 brokers in India here https://cheapstockbroker.com/
Your welcome, Rahul!