Sharekhan Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat Account, Margin
Sharekhan is an Indian stock broking company with an active online community and a “Best Financial Website” award. It was one of the first brokers in India to equip online trading. In February of 2000, Sharekhan got founded. It has about 4800 entourage, over 14,00,000 consumers in India, and 2,600 business partners and gets spread throughout 575 cities with 150+ branches. It also has an existence in the United Arab Emirates and Oman. Jaideep Arora is the CEO of this massive corporation. You will find an unbiased Sharekhan review here.
|Type||Full-Service Stock Broker|
Sharekhan franchises may get found in nearly every corner of India, and the company has undergone rapid expansion in recent years. They offer trade implementation services via various channels, including the Internet, telephone, and retail locations, and they often host free conferences and workshops for their clients. Euro and Asia’s wealth have named Sharekhan as “Top Domestic Brokerage Home” four times. Sharekhan was previously a member of the SSKI Group, but since November 2016, it has been a wholly-owned subordinate of BNP Paribas.
It supplies incredible financial products and services to its various customers (investors, traders, corporate, institutional, and NRIs), including loans against shares, Demat accounts, NRI services, advisory services, Academic services, depository services, and securities brokerage, BSE and NSE trade implementation. It also presents some commodities trading facilities on MCX and NCDEX, depository services, and acquisitions in mutual securities.
It is the country’s biggest retail brokerage and the 1/3 largest in phrases of person base in the back of ICICI Direct and HDFC Securities, with over four lakh transactions finished each day. For its consumers, Sharekhan offers two brokerage plans: prepaid and the other one is postpaid. The lower the proportion of brokerage you must pay, the more margin money you have in your account. If you have a margin of ₹50,000, for example, the brokerage percentage fee will be 0.4%. You must have a fixed Pre amount in your account to participate in a Prepaid plan. Sharekhan also offers specific instructional and training courses for traders and investors in partnership with the online trading Academy.
How to Open Your Demat Account with Sharekhan?
- Click the green-colored ‘Open Demat Account’ switch to get started.
- A document will show on your computer mesh after you click the button.
- Read every term on this form carefully and attentively.
- Once you’ve concluded reading the entire document, fill in all the mandatory parts with correct and complete information.
- You will get asked to complete the KYC procedure after submitting the form.
- During this process, you will get requested to upload specific documents for verifying your age, address, and identification.
- You’ll need your Adhar card, PAN card, and a copy of your photo for this.
- Once you’ve finished all of the demanded processes, you’ll get contacted by Sharekhan’s certified experts, who will begin the final verifications before giving you your account.
- After the final verification, you should receive access to your new account and login details from Sharekhan within a few hours.
Open Free Demat Account
Demat Account Opening Charges
Sharekhan account opening charges no fees. Trading AMC and Demat fees have also got waived.
Although there is no startup price for the Sharekhan Demat account charges, there is an AMC of INR 400. This cost usually gets waived for the first year with a trading account.
|Trading Charges [One Time]||₹0 (Free)|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||₹0 (Free)|
|Sharekhan Demat Charges [One Time]||₹0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||₹400 (Free for 1st year)|
|Margin Money||Zero Margin|
Sharekhan brokerage charges 0.50%, 0.10% for intraday trades, 0.10% for future dealings, and 50 per lot for equity option trades for delivery trades.
|Plan Name||Classic Account||Sharekhan Prepaid|
|Equity Options||₹50 per lot||0.05% or ₹63 per lot|
|Currency Options||₹30 per lot||–|
|Monthly Fee||–||₹1,00,000 per year|
Sharekhan Other Charges
Sharekhan charges various fees in addition to brokerage, such as minimum brokerage, call and trade charges, stamp duty, DP charges, etc.
Intraday Trading Plans
Sharekhan gets regarded as one of India’s Top 10 Intraday Traders Platforms. Sharekhan Intraday charges get considered top-notch because it is one of the country’s largest brokerage firms and one of the finest stockbrokers.
The Intraday Charges on Sharekhan became set at 0.10% of the transaction value. Compared to other full-service brokers, it is one of the most affordable options available.
|Sharekhan Intraday Charges|
|Intraday Brokerage Charge||0.10%|
|Intraday Brokerage Calculator||Sharekhan Calculator|
Sharekhan Intraday Brokerage gets divided into several sections, including:-
- STT (Securities Transaction Tax) is a government-implemented tax on financial transactions.
- SEBI Turnover Charges, which get set by the SEBI;
- GST @ 18%, done by the Government of India;
- Transaction charges became established on the transaction’s value;
- Stamp Duty gets summed using the state’s stamp duty rates, which have become determined by the government.
Let’s look into the many Sharekhan brokerage plans offered by the brokerage business.
- Sharekhan basic brokerage plan for customers
|Equity Options||₹100 per Lot or 2.5% of Premium|
|Currency Options||₹30/- per lot or 2.5% on premium|
- Sharekhan post paid brokerage plans for customers
The brokerage mandates for the Sharekhan plan [Post Paid] differ depending on the margin amount; a large margin amount results in a lower brokerage rate.
Postpaid Plans – New Trader
Postpaid – Day Trader
|Margin Amount||Intraday||Delivery||Futures||Future next day||Option|
|25,000||0.10%||0.50%||0.10%||0.10%||₹100 per Lot|
|30,000||0.10%||0.50%||0.10%||0.10%||₹100 per Lot|
|40,000||0.09%||0.45%||0.09%||0.09%||₹95 per Lot|
|50,000||0.07%||0.40%||0.07%||0.07%||₹80 per Lot|
|1,00,000||0.05%||0.25%||0.05%||0.05%||₹70 per Lot|
|3,00,000||0.04%||0.20%||0.04%||0.04%||₹50 per Lot|
|5,00,000||0.03%||0.18%||0.03%||0.03%||₹40 per Lot|
|10,00,000||0.02%||0.15%||0.02%||0.02%||₹30 per Lot|
|20,00,000||0.02%||0.10%||0.02%||0.02%||₹25 per Lot|
Depending on your requirements, you can choose from various sub-plans and tiers. You can look at the margin amount needed; if you choose the gigantic margin account, you will get instructed to pay the cheapest brokerage.
- Sharekhan pre-paid brokerage plans.
The amount of prepaid brokerage expended by the client controls the prepaid plans. A lower brokerage rate affects the increased
6 Months Prepaid Plan
Annual Prepaid Plan
|Brokerage Amount||Intraday||Delivery||Futures||Future Next Day||Option|
|Default||0.1%||0.5%||0.1%||0.1%||₹100 per Lot|
|750||0.1%||0.5%||0.1%||0.1%||₹100 per Lot|
|1,000||0.09%||0.45%||0.09%||0.09%||₹95 per Lot|
|2,000||0.07%||0.40%||0.07%||0.07%||₹80 per Lot|
|6,000||0.05%||0.25%||0.05%||0.05%||₹70 per Lot|
|18,000||0.04%||0.20%||0.04%||0.04%||₹50 per Lot|
|30,000||0.03%||0.18%||0.03%||0.03%||₹40 per Lot|
|60,000||0.02%||0.15%||0.02%||0.02%||₹30 per Lot|
|1,00,000||0.015%||0.10%||0.015%||0.015%||₹25 per Lot|
|2,00,000||0.005%||0.08%||0.005%||0.005%||₹10 per Lot|
You can select any plan from the brokerage limit presented before you, and the same brokerage rate will be valid for six months for you. You can put your finger from the list above, and the following brokerage fee will get charged. The lesser you take the brokerage, the higher the brokerage amount.
Why Must You Open A Trading Account With Sharekhan?
Within the Indian constitution, becoming a trader across several government-recognized indexes and businesses necessitates having a Demat account or at the very least a Trading Account. Also, becoming a trader with a reputable brokerage firm has various advantages.
Here are some of the most compelling reasons for you to consider opening a Sharekhan Trading Account:-
- They were one of the first brokerage companies in India to offer the idea of internet trading to the country’s traders and investors.
- They have a giant web of over 2,600 locations in 575 cities and 28 states, ready to help you with some of the top-notch services and products.
- Sharekhan has previously been honored for his achievements. It has got honored with Multiple awards.
- To meet the needs of their clients, they provide a variety of trading platforms, including an Installable terminal, mobile, call & trade, in-person trade through extension offices, and web browser-based trading.
- Provides various brokerage plates to meet the needs of different consumers. The more you trade, the lower your brokerage will be. They have a variety of brokerage options available to them.
- Investors can benefit from online and classroom training and seminars, field trips, and workshops.
- There are no fees demanded for DP transactions. It is complimentary to reposition the shares to and from the DP account.
- Sharekhan has a nationwide, famous branch network. You can quickly uncover a Sharekhan location in your area.
- With Sharekhan, you may reach and trade for complimentary.
- Fixed deposits can also get used as collateral for futures and alternative contracts.
Product & Services
The following is an index of Sharekhan’s products and assistance:-
- Equity Trading
- Commodity Trading
- Currency Trading
- Mutual Funds
However, they do not offer insurance, banking, or forex-based trading outcomes.
Investment Cart is a cutting-edge technology that allows you to buy stocks in bulk and keep track of them. The user can also keep track of changes in the stock price added to the cart since his last encounter with the product.
The following is an index of the services provided by Sharekhan-
- Demat Services
- Trading Services
- Intraday Services
- IPO Services
- Stock Recommendations
- Robo Advisory
- Trading Institution
- Trading Exposure- Upto 5x
They offer trading Institutions, Portfolio Management, Initial Public Offerings, Robo Advisory, Trading, Demat, Stock Recommendations, and Intraday Services with trading leverage of up to 32 times.
Exposure / Leverage
They typically provide trading exposure of up to 1x on stock futures, up to 5x on equity intraday, 1x on equity delivery with 24% interest per year, and up to 1x on commodity futures. The leverage in equity options, currency futures, and currency options trading is 1x.
ShareKhan Trading Platform
Here are some of the Sharekhan trading platforms-
- Desktop Platform – Windows
- Desktop Platform – Mac
- Desktop Browser Platform
- Android App Platform
- iOS App Platform
- Real-time Updates
- Portfolio Details
- Online MF Buy
- News Flash
- Research Reports
- Easy Installation
- Global Indices
- Stock Tips
- Personalized Advisory
- Interactive Charts
- Live Markets
- SMS Alerts
- Email Alerts
- Multi-Account Management
Sharekhan Desktop Based Trading Platform- Trade Tiger
Here are some of the essential features of Trade Tiger:-
- Permits trading on several exchanges (BSE/NSE/Cash & F&O/MCX/NCDEX) from a single platform.
- Real-time market updates are available; many Market Watch options are available.
- Advanced trading and analytical instruments such as Trade from Excel and HeatMap are available.
- It allows for the customization of charts, screens, languages, themes, layouts, and shortcuts, among other things.
Sharekhan Mobile Based Trading Platform- Sharekhan trading app
It is a user-friendly app with some key features.
- Includes a wide range of features for both traders and investors
- The user can trade, check charts and comprehensive quotes from the scrip search page, and add to MarketWatch and a virtual portfolio.
- More detailed live charts
Sharekhan, a well-known brokerage firm with a national prominence for client service, offers Chat Support, Online Support, Dedicated Dealer, Online Support, and Email Support.
They have a network of 126 branches across the country and allow traders and investors to reach them via a toll-free number of 1800 22 7500.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages and cons of Sharekhan have become listed below, which you should be aware of before opening your trading account.
- Sharekhan provides a variety of trading platforms to meet the needs of its customers. Examples such as- Online browser-based trading, installable terminals, mobile, call-and-trade, and in-person trading through branch offices.
- It provides various brokerage slabs to suit the needs of different customers. The more you trade, the lower your brokerage will be. They present you with diverse options for brokerage schemas.
- Sharekhan offers online and classroom training, seminars, and workshops to investors.
- Online Funds are free at Sharekhan. Funds are Pay-out to a bank account and transferred from a bank account.
- There are no fees associated with DP transactions on Sharekhan. Transferring shares from and to the DP account is free.
- Sharekhan has a nationwide branch network. You’ll almost certainly discover a Sharekhan in your area.
- It does not provide any banking services. Hence no 3-in-1 account is available.
- Brokerage fees get based on a percentage, which is greater than flat fee brokers.
- A minimum brokerage of 10 paise per stock gets charged. It would not allow your inventory to trade for less than 20 rupees.
- It is not possible to place orders outside of trade hours.
- Commodities are not available to Classic account members.
Sharekhan has established itself as a market leader over the previous few years. The corporation refuses to be consistent in its technological advancements and instead focuses on constantly enhancing its products and services, which is an achievement in and of itself.
As a result, you may trade all the major commodity exchanges from a single platform, Sharekhan.
Sharekhan Review FAQs
Q. What is Sharekhan?
Ans- With over 1.8 million clients, Sharekhan is one of the top full-service brokers in Mumbai, India. Sharekhan, as its name suggests, is a beast in the Indian stock and derivative trading landscape, having been one of the first to familiarise the concept of online trading to Indians.
Q. How to open a Sharekhan Demat online?
Ans- In just a few simple steps, you can open your Demat account. To begin, click the green button at the top of the page, which will show you to the pop-up form. You have to fill in the requested information and complete the KYC process to activate your account.
Q. What is AMC for Sharekhan?
Ans- Sharekhan charges AMC [annual Maintainance charges] as a total fee charge to maintain your account. Sharekhan account opening charges [One time] and AMC [for the first year] are complimentary. For the rest of the period, Sharekhan will charge ₹400/per year as AMC.
Q. Can I invest in an IPO via Sharekhan?
Ans- Yes, this stockbroker delivers initial public offerings (IPOs), and account holders can strive to subscribe for their preferred IPO issue. The procedure can be completed either online or offline, depending on the convenience of the individual.
Q. Does Sharekhan have a trading App?
Ans- Yes, Sharekhan is a user-friendly app with high-end capabilities that are also simple. The client can trade on the go, regardless of duration or place. Apps are the most practical strategy to invest in today’s world, and this broker keeps up.
Q. How much does Sharekhan charge for delivery?
Ans- Sharekhan charges 0.50% of the brokerage fee for equity delivery.
Q. How much does Sharekhan charge for intraday?
Ans- Sharekhan charges 0.10% of the brokerage fee for the equity intraday.
Q. How much does Sharekhan charge for a commodity?
Ans- Sharekhan charges 0.03% of the brokerage fee for the commodity.
Q. How much does Sharekhan charge for currency trading?
Ans- Sharekhan charges 0.10% of the brokerage fee for currency trading.
Q. Do Sharekhan offer margin funding for share/commodity trading?
Ans- Yes, Sharekhan offers Exchange Margin Funding [EMF]. It’s a leveraging method that allows you to obtain capital for new buy trades in approved equity cash segment assets by paying an upfront margin.
Find Brokerage Charges of Other Stock Brokers
|Wisdom Capital||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|IDBI Capital||ICICI Direct||Geojit||Upstox|