SBI Securities Review : State Bank of India (SBI) has been one of the biggest banks of India and has been famous for the excellent services it provides to its bank account holders. Expanding their excellent services, SBI launched their stock brokerage firm called SBI Securities in the year 2006 to facilitate investors and traders with a more reliable broker. Since the start of SBI Securities, it has kept its mark within the customer base with its exceptional services and a frictionless investing experience. SBI Securities has presented a great competition to the stockbrokers that have been in the market for more than twice its time. Here you will get an honest SBI securities review.
SBI Securities Review & Trading/Demat Account features
- Multiple options for the trading platform, computer software, web-browser based trading platform and mobile application. Multiple channel customer services such as email, phone, web-form etc.
- Research reports of different investment products.
- Multiple trading and investing products
You can open a 3-in-1 Demat account with SBI Securities which will keep you off of the burden of transferring funds from your bank account to your trading account. Talking about the above features of SBISecurities which is a full-time stockbroker, let’s take a bit of insight into all of them.
Open Free Demat Account
SBI Securities Trading Platforms
The trading platforms of SBI Securities include three variants that make it easy for traders to trade or invest using either a web browser, computer software or a simple mobile application. They were early adopters of technology in the stock brokerage industry and have implemented everything possible to make their customers investing experience faster, smoother, and easier.Their 3 different trading variants include:
SBI Smart Express
SBI Smart Express is a computer software of SBI Securities that is meant to be downloaded and installed on users’ computers. This is most reliable for professional investors who trade in high volumes and require a quick execution of orders.
SBI Smart Web
For the ease of investors and traders, SBI Securities also facilitates them with a web-browser version of their trading platform which needs no download or installation but can be accessed by directly following a web link. There’s no restriction as to which devices the SBI Smart Web can be used on as it is compatible will all desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile.
SBI Smart Mobile App
The mobile application for trading provided by SBI Securities can’t be considered as the epitome of trading application but is not bad either. It can be called an average trading application which would suffice the need for new traders. It doesn’t provide a very user-friendly interface and hence those who are new to the application might face difficulties in the initial stage. The SBI Smart Mobile App hasn’t really wooed many users as there haven’t shown up many praiseworthy reviews about the application on the play store either.
The major problems as reported by the users of the application are:
The slow processing speed of the app is highly consistent
- The stock market feed shown on the application is delayed
- The process of logging into the application sometimes gets a little hectic
The application has a three-star rating with a negative rating of over 35%.
Customer Services of SBI Securities Customers of SBI Securities can choose to contact the service team through the following mediums:
- Phone call
- Physical Branch
While there are some complaints regarding the service provided by the technical support team of the full-time stockbroker, there are still people who have a good experience with the same. The technical support team tries their best to answer your queries though, at times, the time they take to do the same is much more than expected.
SBI Securities Features
The Research Reports of SBI Securities SBI Securities being a full-time stockbroker provides its users with complete assistance for placing their trades. They give users access to reports and data all the time. While trading with SBI Securities, investors and traders can expect reports such as:
- Heat Map: Being an SBI Securities trading member, you’ll be provided with heat maps of investment products which will make it easy for you to spot particular stock trends and take up the best possible trades with ease.
- Fundamental Reports: The fundamental reports are deep insights into specific stocks that help you to easily recognize whether or not a stock is worth investing in. They also provide you with suggestions to buy or sell stocks.
- Bubble Map: SBI Securities will also give you access to bubble maps that are relative studies of different stocks that you can look at, at once.
- Screeners: You can get a fast insight into the momentum of the market using the screeners. They are usually used for short term trading.
Account opening and brokerage charges Having had a look at the services that SBI Securities provides as a full-time broker, here’s a brief about the account opening and brokerage charges that the broker imposes on its customers.
SBI Securities Demat and Trading Account Charges
To open a 3-in-1 Demat account with SBI Securities, you will have to pay a sum of ₹850 while you’ll be getting the trading account at no cost. In addition to this, you will be charged a total of ₹350 each year for the maintenance charge of your Demat account. Again, the maintenance charge of the trading account is zero.
Sbicap Brokerage Charges
The brokerage charges of Sbicap Securities are pretty high but can be considered okay as they are a full-time broker providing good service. For equity derivatives, intraday and futures, the brokerage charge is equal to 0.5% of the total invested amount. For equity options the brokerage charge you’ll have to pay equals ₹100 per lot. On trades of Currency Options and Futures, a brokerage of 0.3% and ₹30 will be charged respectively. Using SBI Securities brokerage charges calculator will give you an idea of the SBI Securities brokerage amount you will have to pay.
The pros and cons of SBI Securities
- SBI Securities is owned by SBI which is a highly trusted brand
- It has an above-average presence all across India.
- Provides a number of products for investment and trading Equity, Derivatives, Currency, IPO, Mutual Funds, Home Loans, NCDs, NFOs, ETFs and Loan against securities
- Above average customer service.
- Provides reliable research and trading calls.
- High account opening and maintenance charges.
- Less focus on technology which makes their trading portals lag behind a few of their competitors.
High SBI Brokerage Charges.
SBI Securities is eligible to get over a four-star in marking of five which makes them pretty much a good stockbroker. It’s true that they have a high brokerage charge but same is the case with all other full-time stock brokers. Some even charge higher brokerage and account opening fees. So, if you have been contemplating over opening a demat account with a full-time broker, SBI Securities can be a good call for you.
Reviews and Brokerage Charges of Other Popular Discount Stock Brokers
|Discount Stock Brokers|
|5paisa Review||Fyers Securities Review||TradeJini Review|
|m.Stock Review||TradeSmart Review||Upstox Review|
|Groww Review||Tradeplus Online Review||Wisdom Capital Review|
|Zerodha Review||SAS Online Review|
Reviews and Brokerage Charges of Other Popular Full Service Stock Brokers
|Full Service Stock Brokers|
|Angel Broking Review||ICICI Direct Review||Kotak Securities Review|
|Edelweiss Review||IDBI Capital Review||Motilal Oswal Review|
|Geojit Review||IIFL Securities Review||Sharekhan Review|
|HDFC Securities Review||Indiabulls Review|