Established in 1987, Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd. is a Mumbai-based company that offers financial products and features. Motilal Oswal and Ramdeo Agarwal established this reputed financial service provider which is spread over 520+ cities, 1,743+ business locations operated by its business partners, registered by 740,000+ customers, and a team of 2100+ employees work for them. They provide services across Institutional Broking, Private Wealth Management, Retail Broking and Distribution, Investment Banking & more. This company exchanges Trades across BSE, NSE, NCDEX, and MSEI.
|Type||Full-Service Stock Broker|
|Headquarters||Motilal Oswal Tower, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Key People(s)||Motilal Oswal
Mr. Motilal Oswal, the Chairman and MD of this firm was awarded as Outstanding Institution Builder of the year in AIMA India. Four times, the company has won “Best Performing Equity Broker” by CNBC TV 18.
How to Open a Demat Account with Motilal Oswal Group?
Demat Account is a pathway in which an individual can convert and retain the physical shares in their electronic format. This account is also necessary when you have to trade or hold stocks, securities, or other capital-related investments, unlike a bank account.
For thirty years, Motilal Oswal has been serving traders and investors across India. With the success, it has helped them to become one of the most trusted brands which provide the best financial services. With Motilal Oswal account opening you can trade very easily.
- First, click on the link- ‘Open Demat Account’, where a new form will pop on the screen.
- Fill up the form will all the details without making any mistakes.
- After filling up the form, you will receive a call from the executive of Motilal. They will share an online link that can be used for KYC procedures or you can call them for a meeting as well.
- Then after the KYC procedure, you will need to have Aadhar Card, PAN Card, and a photograph to be able to verify your age, identity and address respectively.
- After you finish submitting the form and completing the KYC procedure, you may expect a call from one of the authorized personnel on behalf of the company.
- After completing all the above-mentioned procedures, within a couple of hours, you will have an access to your new account and get log-in details in your email address.
Open Free Demat Account
Demat Account Opening Charges
Opening a Demat account can sound easy but it is not if you are not aware of the fees and the charges that are associated with it. While several brokers offer a free Demat account to their customers, there can still be some Demat charges that can be levied at a later stage.
But Motilal Oswal Demat charges the registering clients do not have to pay any amount to cover the annual maintenance concerning Trading Accounts. But the company may charge ₹400 every year of annual maintenance charge to maintain a Demat Account. Also, a minimum charge balance of ₹10,000 for the Margin money for their respective traders and investors. Majorly there are four Motilal Oswal Demat account charges–
- The Opening account charges.
- Annual maintenance charges.
- The Custodian Fees.
- The Transaction Fees.
The above table will show the accurate picture of any and every offer that the company comes up with either on a regular, periodic, or occasional basis.
Brokerage Charges & Fees
|Motilal Oswal Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Intraday||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Futures||0.05% (both side)|
|Equity Options||₹100 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Futures||₹20 per lot (both side)|
|Currency Options||₹20 per lot (both side)|
|Commodity||0.05% (both side)|
|Minimum Brokerage||Percentage of Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or ₹400 per Annum (From 2nd year)|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
Intraday Trading Plans
During the daytime Motilal Oswal plan covers most of the facilities within its range, making it one of the best platforms. From an investment objective and budget perspective, Motilal Oswal has all types of investment options that allow you to trade some or all of them daily. Apart from regular equity and derivative investments, there are also opportunities for IPO investments. Motilal Oswal offers a discount brokerage program that allows everyday bulk traders to trade without straining their pockets. Several intermediary plans correspond to the investment plans of different traders. The company allows you to link your Demat with transactions with over 40 banks. You can easily transfer funds for transactions by connecting them to most nationalized and various private banks.
There are two types of Brokerage Plans-
1. Value Pack Schemes- This is a prepaid scheme where the client has to pay brokerage in advance. The more elevated the prepaid amount, the lower the brokerage charge applies.
|Upfront Fees (in NRC)||Validity (In Days)||Account Opening Fee (INR)||DP- AMC (for 1st Year)||Equity Delivery||Equity Intraday||Equity Futures||Equity Options||Currency Futures||Currency Options|
2. Margin Schemes- The Margin scheme brokerage plan is dependent on the amount of margin the clients provide.
|Upfront Margin (in INR)||Account Opening Fee (Rs)||DP- AMC (1st Year)||Equity Delivery||Equity Intraday||Equity Futures||Equity Options||Trading Platform||Mobile Access||Free SMS Alerts (Buy & Sell)||Free SMS Alerts (for advices)||Call N Trade||Advisory services||Research Reports|
|Motilal Oswal Charges|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)
18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||₹150 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||₹60 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||₹50 per request + ₹50 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||₹35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Pledge Invocation||₹35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||₹35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Margin Repledge||₹15.5 + ₹15.5 (₹31 per scrip|
Why Choosing Motilal Oswal Trading Account?
Motilal Oswal offers you an application and a regular online portal which will give a plethora of benefits of trading online. The main reason for their sheer growth is their focus on technology to deliver a superior digital experience to our customers. And there are many advantages of having an online trading account with Motilal Oswal-
- Motilal Oswal will assure you that your account is safe and reliable.
- The company will provide a digital robotic advisory service on the online platform.
- You get a flat-rate service that you can use.
- You will receive a paperless confirmation through eKYC and a trading account will be opened immediately.
- They have a first in their app that is tailor-made for smartwatches so that the traders can access the latest news of markets to get updates on open positions and also check portfolios on the move besides their corresponding net worth.
Product and Services
Motilal Oswal is India’s diverse financial services provider offering services such as securities companies, lending, investment banks, wealth management, life, and general insurance, fixed income, IPOs, mutual funds, bonds, and NCDs. The company is also a full-service broker offering equities, derivatives, commodities, and forex trading across BSE, NSE, NCDEX, MCX, and MSEI. Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd is also a distributor of investment trusts, PMS and IPOs.
Here are some of the services provided by Motilal Oswal –
- Motilal Oswal Ace Products-
- ACE Large Cap
- ACE Small Cap
- ACE FundTech
- ACE Cap
- ACE Smart
- Motilal Oswal Investments Products-
- Mutual Funds
- Motilal Oswal Advisory Products.
- Motilal Oswal Structured Products.
Exposure / Leverage
Motilal Oswal’s margin for intraday trading is up to 20% of trade value (max 5x leverage) based on the stock. Motilal Oswal F&O intraday trading margin is 1.3x across Equity, Currency, and Commodity trading at BSE, NSE, and MCX.
With the advancement of technology and the evolution of new-age trading platforms and approaches, Motilal Oswal has been consistent in the financial wealth trading industry. To keep the customer happy and satisfied, the company completely relies on technology that they bring into use to enable their respective traders and investors to trade remotely.
The Full-Service broker has multiple Motilal Oswal trading platforms for different types of Investors –
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||Yes|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platforms||No|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
The following is a list of the services they offer to their clients-
- Online trading
- 24*7 support
- Email support
- Toll-free number
Advantages and Disadvantages
To trade one need to open a Demat Account which will hold all financial securities and a trading account which is required for trading in stocks, and currencies. If you want to trade in Motilal Oswal then you should be aware of all the advantages you will get so as the disadvantages.
- The company provides consulting services, especially for beginners, in all segments such as equities, their derivatives, investment trusts, forex, and commodities trading.
- The company provides advisory services, especially for beginners in all segments like stocks, their derivatives, mutual funds, currency, commodity trading, etc.
- With the latest technology to design Motilal Oswal trading platforms that further help traders trade efficiently. In addition, to live streaming courses, we also offer technical analyses such as technical charts and indicators to find trading opportunities on the stock market.
- They also have varieties of Investment Choices like IPOs, Equity, or Mutual Funds
- They have Ease of Operation with 39 plus banks for Fund Transfer.
- Since the company is a full-service broker, fees and brokerage fees are the same as other full-service brokers, but not comparable to discount brokers.
- The company does not provide the facility of opening a 3 in 1 account which includes a trading account, Demat account, and a banking account.
- The company does not provide chat support for their respective investors and traders.
- They do not provide any Free Stock Tips.
Motilal Oswal is an award-prevailing full-carrier stockbroker in India who offers offerings like research, broker offerings, advisory offerings, funding banking offerings, asset control offerings, mutual fund funding offerings, and portfolio control offerings, etc. So with no doubt, in case you need to spend money on buying and selling then you may choose Motilal Oswal.
Motilal Oswal Review FAQs
Q. What is Motilal Oswal?
Ans. A provider of financial products and services, Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited is an Indian company. Raamdeo Agrawal and Motilal Oswal founded the company in 1987. Both the NSE and BSE stock exchanges list the company.
Q. How to open Motilal Oswal Demat online?
Ans. To open a Demat account online, an individual must contact the DP and fill out an account opening form. A list of valid DPs is available online on the official websites of CDSL and NSDL.
Q. What is Motilal Oswal’s AMC?
Ans. To open a Motilal Oswal account, you will need to pay an account opening fee. However, Motilal Oswal’s annual maintenance fee (AMC) is free.
Q. Can I invest in an IPO via Motilal oswal?
Ans. Investing in an IPO is a possibility for an investor or client with Motilal Oswal. The company offers this service along with its other stock trading options. It’s important, however, that you familiarize yourself with all the terms and conditions before you start.
Q. Does Motilal Oswal have a trading App?
Ans. This stock broker indeed offers a mobile app for smartphone users who prioritize apps over anything else. Additionally, Motilal Oswal provides its customers with an app for online transactions.
Q. How much does Motilal Oswal cost?
|Equity Delivery||NSE ₹335 per Cr (0.00335%) | BSE ₹1000 per Cr (0.01%) (each side)|
|Equity Intraday||NSE ₹325 per Cr (0.00325%) | BSE ₹200 per Cr (0.002%) (each side)|
|Equity Futures||₹200 per Cr (0.002%)|
|Equity Options||NSE ₹5110 per Cr (0.0511%) | BSE ₹200 per Cr (0.002%) (on premium)|
|Currency Futures||₹125 per Cr (0.00125%)|
|Currency Options||₹4200 per Cr (0.042%)(on premium)|
|Commodity||MCX: ₹250 per Cr (0.0025%)|
Q. How much does Motilal Oswal cost during the day?
Ans. The stock delivery and intraday stock trading fees set by Motilal Oswal Securities are NSE 0.00335%. For BSE, the charge is ₹1000 (0.01%) per cr for delivery (each side) and ₹200 (0.002%) per cr for daytime (each side).
Q. How much does Motilal Oswal cost for a product?
Ans. Motilal Oswal charges 250 rupees on both sides, which is the minimum brokerage fee for stock trading during the day.
Q. How much does Motilal Oswal cost forex trading?
Ans. Motilal Oswal charges a transaction fee of 0.00125% for Forex Forward, 0.042% for Forex Options (Premium Only), and 0.0025% for Commodity MCX.
Q. Does Motilal Oswal provide margin lending for equity/commodity transactions?
Ans. Yes, Motilal Oswal offers margin lending for equity/commodity trading. Margin accounts are used by Motilal Oswal investors to leverage their purchases and maximize the potential return on a particular investment.
Find Brokerage Charges of Other Stock Brokers
|Wisdom Capital||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Kotak Securities|
|IDBI Capital||ICICI Direct||Geojit||Upstox|